Enter your personal details below:
Enter your account details below:
Membership terms and conditions
● To become a member of the Library of STUFF, the applying person representing either themselves, their family or their organisation must understand that they are personally responsible for every item borrowed under their membership.
● The applicant must:
○ Be over the age of 18;
○ Present valid photo ID;
○ Present a bill with their name and current address issued within the last three months - only required if the photo ID doesn’t have the applicants current address on it;
○ Accept the Library of STUFF Liability Waiver and Indemnification;
○ Pay the annual membership fee of $60 for all individuals and families and by negotiation for not-for-profit organisations.
(NB: A reduced membership rate of $40 is being charged while the Library is only operating out of the Repair Cafe space at the Byron Community College. When our large shed is open the membership fee will revert to $60)
○ Make every effort to be available for 2 shifts per year to assist with the Library’s operations.
Borrowing terms and conditions
● Members can only borrow items once they have completed the membership registration process.
● Up to 3 items at a time can be borrowed on a single membership - however, many exceptions to this exist where more items are required for a purpose such as camping, holding an event or doing home DIY.
● Members can only borrow and return items at times the Library is open (on website) - this is a strict policy as the all items must be handed to a rostered on volunteer. Please bring all items back a little bit more sparkly than they were when you borrowed them:) This minimises the work of our dedicated volunteer committee.
● Please try to return popular items early in the session they are due so it is ready for the next borrower.
● Items are automatically due back 7 days from the moment they are borrowed.
○ An item can be renewed up to two times unless another Member has requested to rent the same item.
● All items operate on a first-come-first-serve basis - unless a reservation has been made.
● All borrowed items must be returned to the Library in the same or better condition then when borrowed. The Member agrees to pay the full replacement or repair costs if an item is lost, stolen or damaged.
● The cost of ‘consumables’ such as sanding paper for borrowed electric sanders or batteries for the megaphone are not provided by the Library. If a battery powered item is borrowed (eg. cordless drill) then the borrow has the option to take a charger and second battery. It must be understood that the full replacement cost of a power tool plus 2 batteries and a charger will normally exceed $300. Please return all batteries back charged.
● Items returned late will result in an administration fee of $1/day for most items but some will be more - you will be advised if an item you borrow attracts a higher late fee.
○ Any late fees must be paid in full before the Member can borrow more items.
● The Library of STUFF reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item to any Member at its discretion.
Use of items
● Only the Member and their immediate family can use the items they have borrowed.
○ Members must get permission from the Library of STUFF before allowing others to use the item.
○ All borrowed items must not leave the Member’s possession during the lending period.
● By borrowing an item the member commits to using the item in a safe and responsible manner.
● Members agree to use the item only for the item’s purpose and in accordance with the law.
BEFORE MEMBERSHIP IS ACTIVATED A Liability Waiver and Indemnification Form must be signed by the applying member at the Library of STUFF. This is the content of that document.
Liability Waiver and Indemnification Form
I,(print name) ___________________________ , acknowledge that I am over 18 years of age and that I will only borrow items that I feel fully capable and experienced in using Library of STUFF Mullumbimby. I agree to use the items in a proper and reasonable manner as they are intended.
I acknowledge and agree that the use of items I borrow may be dangerous and could potentially result in accidents or death. I hereby for myself, in consideration of being permitted to borrow items from the Library of STUFF, waive any and all claims against the Library of STUFF, its officers, agents, and employees for any injury that I may suffer from using items that I borrowed from the Library of STUFF.
I, for myself, my successors and assigns, in consideration of being allowed to borrow items, hereby fully agree to release and hold harmless the Library of STUFF, its officers, agents, and employees from all liability, loss, claims, actions or causes of action for the injury or death to any person, persons, or property damage suffered as a result from the use by any person of items I am borrowing from the Library of STUFF. I am aware and acknowledge that the Library of STUFF and its partners, directors, officers, members, and employees claim no expertise concerning any tool for any particular use. I acknowledge that, to the extent that any warranty is implied it is excluded to the full extent permitted by the law.
By signing this waiver, I affirm I have read the Library of STUFF Membership and Borrowing Terms and Conditions and fully understand that all of the above information is true and may be subject to verification.
I also affirm that I fully understand that failure to comply with any of these terms and conditions may result in revocation or termination of my borrowing privileges and or legal actions against me. I relinquish the right to make any claims against the Library of STUFF, its officers, agents, and employees.
I understand that the Library of STUFF Management Committee takes safety very seriously and that they are compliant with the regulated electrical testing and tagging that is undertaken to make every effort to ensure the borrowed items themselves are in a safe working order.
I understand that I must safely restrict access to any borrowed items that could be used in a dangerous manner by children.
Signature Signature of witness Of Applicant (must be current member)
Print name of Print name of witnessing Applicant member
Name: __________________________________ Membership No: ___________
Best Phone: ____________________________________________
Best Email: ____________________________________________
The Library of STUFF is a project of Mullum Cares Incorporated.
Membership and Borrowing Terms and Conditions (V1)
Alternate phone: ____________________________________________
Alternate email: ____________________________________________
Age of member/ family members:________________________________
Date & method of payment: ____________________________________
Items you would like to borrow (that we don’t currently have):
Can we lock in the first shift you can assist with?
Already have an account?
Forgot your password?